Web Warriors

Web Warriors

Monday, May 1, 2017

1864 blog

Dear Diary, 

I didn't have as many patients today it was a less stressful day but not a good day either. The union completely trashed the Rebels this may lead toward the our victory,... but I don't think it was the best thing to do. Imagine how the confederates might feel. Now, I'm not saying I support the confederacy but this is my opinion on this scene. I know the only safe place to state this is here, on my diary because I know many people on the union side would go against me. The war is almost at an end which I'm thankful for. Hopefully the rebels will give up and surrender and this war may end in a good note. I'm honestly proud of myself for all the effort I put into this war. This war has also brought me the pleasure to meet one of the most inspiring people. I met Clara Barton a while ago. I remember it was a very agitated day, I was overwhelmed by my surroundings I hadn't ever seen so much blood shed and that many men wounded. I felt like I could just give up in the spot but then she appeared and was of great help with all the sick and wounded soldiers. Clara kept me going everyday with her wise words I just knew I couldn't give up on my country. It was a very difficult time for me being away from my family for so long. In harsh nights when I would miss them tremendously I would talk with her about my sadness, and problems. Clara would listen to me and lifted my spirit up. Even though I've been through so much during all these years I don't regret contributing in keeping my nation together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 blog

Dear Sara, It's finally the end of the war, I'm coming home soon. I am very devastated. I'm pretty sure you have already heard...