Web Warriors

Web Warriors

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Enlistment Blog


My Beloved Brother, Mother, and Father

              I ponder about you every day and reflect on the moments we have had together. I miss your exuberant smiles and your compassionate hearts. I miss your indomitable and jolly personalities. I really do wonder what it would be like when I finally come home. Brother, I have heard that your leg is gone and I am extremely despaired to hear this horrendous news. I am still battling with my thoughts to try to come to an understanding of how and why we lost the battle of  Bull Run. We definitely disregarded the meaning of battle and looked forward to an unchallenging and effortless victory. I am very glad that you didn't have to observe that horrifying experience. I am glad that you stayed back to treat my brother, Jack's foot and tend to his needs. Ma, Pa, I hope you are doing exceptional. I would like to ask both of you for a favor. I don't want any of you to worry about me because I am fine, and by the grace of God, I will be exquisite and stay exquisite till I come home. So please do this one thing I ask of you and don't worry about me.
            If only the 37,000 volunteered army took the battle seriously, including me of course, then we would've conquered the 22,000 confederate soldiers. Even though we have retreated from the battle, we won't give up hope yet. We w
            I miss all of you very much and I wish I could be there to receive the warm and calming hugs you all give me. Have a splendid day! I love you all very much and I look forward to the day I will get to see you all again. Please write to me as soon as you can.
   


                                                                                                                                    Sincerely,
                                                                                                                                    Nelson McCook


No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 blog

Dear Sara, It's finally the end of the war, I'm coming home soon. I am very devastated. I'm pretty sure you have already heard...