Web Warriors

Web Warriors

Monday, April 10, 2017

1861 blog post

Dear Sara,

So far I've been okay, a bit scared and nervous at times but I haven't been hurt or anything of that sort. But unfortunately we have lost the battle at Bull Run. Yesterday was one of the busiest days I've ever had. I had soldiers coming in at all times, with severe wounds, and one step away from death. It was horrible, some had to get their legs or arms cut off in order to stop infections to travel further to other places in their bodies. I wasn't able to save many soldiers and that was devastating. It was crazy how many people's lives were in my hands. I couldn't even rest for a second because at that moment I had another patient come in. There was a total of 2,896 casualties on our side. This victory that seemed so easy to achieve ended in a fatal loss. I am still shook of the outcome of this first war. The confederate states defeated our union. I really hope president Lincoln takes action and prepares a better trained army. If not I fear our nation might be in jeopardy. I don't know how much longer this war will take but I'm missing you tons take care,

Sincerely Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment

1865 blog

Dear Sara, It's finally the end of the war, I'm coming home soon. I am very devastated. I'm pretty sure you have already heard...